Saturday, September 3, 2011

Danger Shepherd's Pie Tutorial

I have decided to post one of my favorite recipes. It's so easy and delicious! I don't exactly follow an actual recipe - I just go with what feels right. Here goes!

First, bring a medium to large pot of salted water to a boil. Meanwhile, peel some potatoes. Four or five will be fine.



Then, chop 'em up.




Put them in the boiling water. Actually, you should probably just put them in the water, then bring it to a boil so you don't get splashed with scalding liquid, but I like to add a little bit of danger. Danger Shepherd's Pie.
Anyway, boil them for about 15 minutes or until soft.


While those danger potatoes are boiling, chop up a green onion and cook it in a pan with a little extra virgin olive oil until its clear. I was over-ambitious and mine turned a little brown. I like it that way though so its all good. :)

I really hate chopping onions. Danger onions.



When the onions are done, transfer them to a plate for later. Brown a pound of ground beef in the onion pan. I like to add garlic, salt and pepper.
Your potatoes should be done by now. While the meat is browning, drain and transfer potatoes to a large bowl and add some milk and butter and mash it up. I don't know exactly how much to add, just add a little at a time till it looks right. Set it aside for later.


When the beef is done, add back the onion, about 1/2 a cup of beef broth, 2 tbsp flour and 1 tbsp ketchup. Let that simmer for a couple of minutes then add some cooked carrots, peas and corn or whatever veggie you want! (Okay, okay. I admit, I used canned.) Mix it all up. Line the bottom of a baking dish with the beef and veggie mixture.




Then, carefully cover the top of the beef and veggie mixture with the mashed potatoes you made earlier.




Now, shred some cheese. Maybe 2 cups or so. Layer it on top of the potatoes.



Let bake at 350 degrees for about 30 minutes or until the cheese just starts to brown.


There you have it! Deliciousness Danger Pie.
Now what have we learned from this tutorial? That I'm just awful at tutorials.
Anyway, Enjoy!













No comments:

Post a Comment